Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Free Online Bug Tracking via Google Docs and Google Sites

So I developed a small wordpress plug-in and find using the forums cumbersome in tracking bugs. The task to find free hosted bug tracking for small projects seemed impossible to find. Of course everyone wants money for what they have written or they wrote an open source project that requires me to pay for hosting. I didn't want that. This is a small project that might disappear.

In comes google to the rescue. I started thinking I would just provide a public spreadsheet for people to enter info into. Well I didn't really like that idea. So here is what I came up with:

https://sites.google.com/site/medialibarycategories/

A google site that has the google form and the that form's spreadsheet in the site. Add a logo and bam instant and free bug tracking software. I must admit its not much to look at but I can always come back and fix that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

give github a try, it comes with an integrated bug tracker that's very simplistic and practical